But this mini-break has been good. It's been great to be with parents, and to get away. I'm experimenting with taking Wednesday when we go, and that's been working out pretty well. The first time we brought him, my parents' cat went crazy territorial. This time there were definitely some standoffs, but they have largely just decided to be in different parts of the house.
Have been thinking of what to do when finals are over, and I finally have some time on my hands to unwind. Dreaming, more like. Here's my list so far:
1. Finish reading the Octavia Butler series I started before the semester
2. Finish reading Naomi Klein's "This Changes Everything" (that title will never cease to annoy me, no matter how good the book is)
3. Get my novel printed and spiral-bound
4. Begin editing the novel (eeeee! I am waiting on the edge of my seat to start with this one!)
5. Figure out an exercise regime that doesn't bother my wrist.
6. Finish watching the X-Files - new season this January, I thought? I don't have high hopes, but I want to see what it's all about!
7. Polish up my resume
8. Maybe write a short story?
9. Read Roxane Gay's "Bad Feminist"
10. Read Janet Mock's memoir "Redefining Realness"
11. Maybe read some short stories by Caitlin Kiernan? Maybe?
12. A lot of these are book oriented. Good thing I have experience reading hundreds of pages in a day for grad school!
13. Weirdly in the mood to re-watch season 1 of "The L-Word?" I know it's a shit show, but ... but ... I dunno ... nostalgia, maybe?
14. Maybe experiment with making some more beauty products - I do love some DIY, and it's so great to combine hobbies with treating myself and saving money
15. sleeeeeeeeeep. A lot.
If I do even half the things on this list, I will be soooo happy.